About the Position
- Directly supervises all subcontractors on the job, carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Interprets drawings and specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays
- Confers with supervisory personnel and labor representatives to resolve complaints and grievances within work force
- Provides guidance to subcontractors and assists in solving problems associated with projects.
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules
- Assures all personnel are familiar with and adhere to safety regulations.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports. Directs workers concerned with major maintenance or reconditioning projects for existing installations.
- Develops relationships with past, present and future clients and recommends potential job opportunities
- Other duties may be assigned
Education & Training
Associates degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Competencies – To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions;
- Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Oral and Written Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions;
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Project Management software and Microsoft Office